A few simple changes can make a big difference in the air we breathe, the footprint we leave behind and in your bank account. It’s time for you to “Go Green” in your town home at Chapel Watch Village.
Save energy, save money
- Turn that thermostat down a few degrees in the winter and up a few in the summer. Watch your heating and cooling bills drop.
- Wash clothes in cold whenever possible.
- Unplug appliances when not using them.
Take shorter showers and install a low-flow showerhead to reduce water use.
Use less gas, save some dough and we all breathe easier
- If you’re lucky enough to live close to work, walk there. In fact, there are a lot short trips you could cut out like the park, grocery store or the kiddos’ school.
- Buying your groceries locally keeps money in the local economy, reduces fuel consumption, and in many cases, it’s much healthier.
Keep electronics out of the trash
- Donate or recycle electronic items whenever possible. Many cell phone stores and department stores already offer this service.
Photo by Steve Snodgrass on Flickr.