Harsh chemicals can etch the surface and create pits, dulling the shine. Abrasives will scratch away the sheen. Use this simple method to keep your counters gleaming.
- Wipe up spills as they happen with warm soapy water. Loosen caked on messes by laying a warm wet rag on top for a few minutes.
- Wash countertops down with a warm soapy rag.
- Mix 1/4 cup mild dishwashing detergent with three drops of rubbing alcohol and one cup of water.
- Put mixture in a spray bottle and spray counters, wiping as necessary with a soft cloth.
- Buff them dry with a clean microfiber cloth.
Alternatively, a mixture of two cups of water and a half cup of baking soda will clean granite without harming the shine as will equal part of hydrogen peroxide and water.
Photo via Facebook